The tie goes to the runner, right? Well, in this edition of the Class C rankings we’ve got three ties in the top 10.
Jordan remains the unanimous choice for the No. 1 spot but our pollsters couldn’t decide between Hutchinson and Buckman for the No. 2 spot so they’ll share it.
Waconia’s gotten off to a tremendous start, including a 2-0 win over Chaska Tuesday and the Lakers climbed to No. 4 from No. 8 in the preseason poll. Young America climbed a spot to No. 5 and it shares that spot with the Sartell Muskies after the Muskies shared the No. 8 spot with Waconia in the previous poll.
Cologne climbed into the top 10 this time to rank No. 7 after garnering votes in the preseason poll.
Raymond, Watkins and Fairmont all appear in the top 10 this season. The Rockets enter at No. 8, the Clippers at No. 9 and the Martins at No. 10.
Chad Knutson — Heron Lake
1. Jordan Brewers — 7-2-1, 4-0 in league play.
2. Hutchinson Huskies — 5-0-1, tied with Jordan.
3. Waconia Lakers — 6-0 vs. C teams, in a great Crow River League.
4. Buckman Billygoats — 3-0 start, top team in Victory League.
5. Fairmont Martins — 12-2 record, very good hitting team and deep pitching staff.
6. Young America Cardinals — 3-0, Big game was postponed with Waconia, but they host a very solid Cologne team July 11.
7. Sartell Muskies — 3-0, veteran team. knows how to win.
8. Cologne Hollanders — 6-1 - they just keep getting better, big matchup with YA.
9. Raymond Rockets — 6-1 overall and lead the tough Corn Belt 5-1, lost to Bird Island.
10. Buffalo Bulldogs — Off to a 4-0 start in the North Star and just be my pre-season No. 5 Delano.
Honorable mention: Delano Athletics, Bird Island Bullfrogs, Milroy Yankees, New London-Spicer Twins, Richmond Royals, Red Wing Aces, St. Patrick Irish, Luverne Redbirds, New Prague Orioles, Faribault Lakers, Prior Lake Mudcats, Hanska Lakers, Springfield Tigers, Nisswa Lightning, Fergus Falls Hurricanes.
Tom Elliott — Willmar
1. Jordan Brewers — Except for a big loss to Loretto (11-1) the Brewers are playing as hectic a schedule as anyone and playing very well, with a 7-2 record heading into the weekend.
2. Hutchinson Huskies — Hutchinson is 3-0 in the very strong North Star League, tied with Buffalo.
3. Buckman Billygoats — Buckman is off to a 3-0 start in the Victory League East Division.
4. Watkins Clippers — A 12-7 victory over St. Nicholas is a notable early victory for the Central Valley League power.
5. Raymond Rockets — Raymond is 5-1 in the Corn Belt League, with only a 6-1 loss to a very good Bird Island club on the field.
6. Sartell Muskies — Sartell is off to a 3-0 start in the Sauk Valley League, including a 7-2 win over the Sartell Stone Poneys and a 9-4 victory over the Dassel-Cokato Saints.
7. Waconia Lakers — With a 6-0 start, Waconia moves into this top 10.
8. Richmond Royals — A 7-5 Stearns County League victory over Farming moves Richmond into the poll.
9. Cologne Hollanders — There are some good teams in the Crow River Valley and right now, the Hollanders might be the best.
10. Milroy Yankees — The Yankees have played a full schedule since the season started, including two games in South Dakota. They were 3-0 in the Corn Belt League and 8-2 overall heading into weekend play.
Jason Kuerschner — Cologne
1. Jordan Brewers — 7-2-1, defending their title against all takers.
2. Waconia Lakers— 6-1, only loss is to a “B” team and they are leading the way in the CRVL
3. Buckman Billygoats — Three wins on the young season and leading the Victory League.
4. Hutchinson Huskies — Also three wins on the season and so far leading the way in the North Star.
5. Young America Cardinals — 3-0 so far have scored over 40 runs in three games so far and looking to challenge the Waconia Lakers.
6. Delano Athletics — 5-1 Playing well and looking to challenge Hutch in the North Star.
7. Cologne Hollanders — 6-1 and looking to continue the good run they had in the state tourney in 2019.
8. Sartell Muskies — 3-0 on the young season.
9. Fergus Falls Hurricanes — 4-2 and one of the strong teams in the great North.
10. Richmond Royals — 4-1 in the Stearns County and playing very well.
Aaron Worm — New Prague
1. Jordan Brewers — The Defending champs, have a couple of non-league losses, but off to a fast start again in the RVL and hold on to the top spot.
2. Buckman — The Goats are off to a good start in the Victory League and hold onto the No. 2 spot in my poll.
3. Waconia — Since these guys were not in the state tourney last year, forgot to put them in my top 10, my bad. Talented squad in the Crow.
4. Hutchinson Huskies — Nice wins against Loretto, Maple Lake and Dassel Cokato to kick off the month of July.
5. Young America Cardinals — Cardinals stay steady at 5, best burgers in the state if you are looking to take in a game.
6. Sartell Muskies — My preseason poll definitely forgot a few teams, including the team I refer to as the Northern Fish.
7. Red Wing Aces — Play a tough schedule with a lot of matchups against B teams.
8. Waterville Indians — Favorite in the 13/60 League.
9. St Patrick Irish — A favorite in the DRS, always a solid squad.
10. Bemidji Blue Ox — Not Sure how their season is going, but love the nickname, Go Blue Ox!
Class C Rankings
1. Jordan Brewers (40)
2. Hutchinson Huskies (32)
2. Buckman Billygoats (32)
4. Waconia Lakers (29)
5. Young America Cardinals (17)
5. Sartell Muskies (17)
7. Cologne Hollanders (9)
8. Raymond Rockets (8)
9. Watkins Clippers (7)
10. Fairmont Martins (6)
Others receiving votes: Buffalo Bulldogs, Richmond Royals, Milroy Yankees, Delano Athletics, Fergus Falls Hurricanes, Red Wing Aces, Waterville Indians, St. Patrick Irish, Bemidji Blue Ox, Bird Island Bullfrogs, New London-Spicer Twins, Luverne Redbirds, New Prague Orioles, Faribault Lakers, Prior Lake Mudcats, Hanska Lakers, Springfield Tigers and Nisswa Lightning.